Sunday 13 March 2011

St. Hill in the 60s Part 4.

There was much talk about how people were trying to stop Ron, people who didn't realise how important it was to get scientology out into the world. I never knew who these people were, just that it was up to the scientologists to work hard at making sure that Ron's works would survive any onslaught no matter from what opposition.

When Ron came back from Rhodesia, we were to give him a big welcome, I spent the morning helping my Dad get the place cleaned up ready for his arrival. The scientologists were so excited at the return of their saviour, the most important man in the world. There was lots of hip hip hooraying and "good old Ron" shouted from the crowd at St. Hill.Despite any reservations I may have had regards this man, the scientologists loved him, as could be seen by the welcoming applause.

The winter of 1965 was cold and Little Baldwins was an old , draughty house. The rooms were fitted with old electric heaters, when the heating bill came in, my parents could not afford to pay it. Things went from bad to worse and we had to move. We went to a hotel for a few nights and then up North to stay with family. A few weeks later we returned to East. Grinstead and moved to an annexe off of the main house called Coopers Wood.This place was either owned or most likely rented by a couple of american scientologists Mary and Betty, they were sisters. The house was filled with scientology boarders, who went to St. Hill daily to study.One of the residents was an actress called Karen Black. She was struggling to get through her scripts for a film she was doing at the time and also her scientology studies.

I'm afraid I may get slightly side tracked here for a moment as a few days ago on http://xenu.net/ Smurf put up a video taken in LA.

LA Grand Opening, Kirstie Alley's Organic Liason. Part 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygDBa9RGhws&NR=1&feature=fvwp

This video is interesting for several reasons and the reason I have side tracked is Karen Black, who was doing scientology back in 1966 and appears to still be involved with scientology in 2011. I would find it difficult to believe she isn't  as this is a scientology event without doubt.Kirstie Alley is yet another of those 'Operating Thetans', just like Tom Cruise, Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson and also John Travolta. Not only did the scientologists manage to get the road blocked, they played loud music well into the night, upsetting many of the residents who were not invited and are promoting a diet programme which if scientology is anything to go by will not work very well.

See Tory's video here re putting on weight whilst becoming OT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x89cbC49i9E&playnext=1&list=PL6FF58988C41D01E5

Getting back to Karen Black and East. Grinstead in the 60s, that christmas she bought me, who was a tomboy, a set of authentic handcuffs from Carnaby Street for christmas that year.On reflection, I wonder if she was trying to tell me something.Karen, If you're out there, LRH was not the man you think he was, and that organization you promote is hurting people.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Ms. Stainforth!
    I've only now discovered your blog and wanted to thank you.
    For the courage to stand up and tell the truth about the true history of Scientology, I am awed by your courage and integrity.
    Even if I were a complete stranger to scientology, I'd be taken in by your fascinating posts chronicling one of the most intriguing times in modern history.
    Thank you for creating such a place for your insights and memories. And for sharing them!
    Hopefully, you're doing well now (I suppose I'll learn as I read on but wanted to begin at the beginning, of course).
    And hopefully more will realize Scientology for what it truly is thru your site & similar sites (clambake, exscn, xenu, etc) and free themselves.
    "May you never be the same" is quite the understatement!
    Wishing you only the best.
    Sincerely,
    Safia

    I need to get back to reading now...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Safia, there was a time I would never have considered even going on the internet, let alone writing a blog and certainly not about Scientology.There was a time, I never would have considered talking about scientology only in hushed tones, like it was some sort of sordid dirty secret, which of course it is. Now the flood gates have opened and I don't think there's any stopping it.People need to see it for what it really is.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete